This sequel to Caracal's very successful
RAAF Mirage III set features a variety of markings for the Australian
service of the type.
They provide drawings for 10 options, but it should be possible to build
more RAAF Mirages using the markings on this sheet. For more
information, we recommend the book "Mirage IIIO - Colors and Markings"
by Mason & Mottram, the definitive book on the subject.
The comprehensive stencil sheet features several styles of markings for
maintenance stencils as applied to the RAAF Mirage IIIO fleet over its
entire service period. Caracal also provides enough ejection seat
warning triangles should you wish to build a twin-seat Mirage IIID using
the conversion kits in the market. Similarly, the serial number sheet
features four distinct styles of serial numbers for the entirety of
Mirage III operations in RAAF.
Due to the number of options on this sheet, the instructions for some of
the options will be available as downloadable PDF files in the reference
The options on this decal sheet are:
- Mirage IIIO A3-4, 2 OCU, RAAF 1967
- Mirage IIIO A3-5, 2 OCU, RAAF 1970
- Mirage IIIO A3-42, 77 Sqn, RAAF 1970
- Mirage IIIO A3-86, 3 Sqn, RAAF 1970
- Mirage IIIO A3-40, Williamtown base commander's aircraft, RAAF
- Mirage IIIO A3-78, Williamtown base commander's aircraft, RAAF
- Mirage IIIO A3-2, ARDU, RAAF 1981
- Mirage IIIO A3-25, 75 Sqn (experimental), RAAF 1981
- Mirage IIIO A3-10, 3 Sqn (experimental), RAAF 1983
- Mirage IIIO A3-31, 3 Sqn (experimental), RAAF 1983