The AC-47 was an armed derivative of the venerable C-47 "Dakota"
transport. Deployed in Vietnam to great effect, the "Spooky" pioneered
the development and use of the dedicated gunship concept, which remains
a vital part of US air operations until today. Caracal's decal sheet for
the Spooky covers a wide variety of aircraft, starting with the earliest
examples to the aircraft passed on to foreign air arms after the type
was phased out in 1969.
The options on this decal sheet are:
- FC-47D 43-48579 "Puff (The Magic Dragon)", 1st ACS, 1964
- FC-47D 43-48491 "Get-Em Bullitt", 1st ACS, 1965
- AC-47D 43-49274 , 4th ACS, Bien Hoa AB, 1966
- AC-47D 43-49010 , 4th SOS (432 TRW), Udorn AB, 1967
- AC-47D 44-76722 , 4th ACS, Pleiku AB, 1967
- AC-47D 44-76722 , 3rd SOS, 1968
- AC-47D 43-48263 , Royal Laotian Air Force, 1969
- AC-47D 43-48916 , 4412 CCTS, 1971